Monday, December 2, 2013

It's been a while...

Well I have had quite a run since the last post...

No longer working as a headhunter and taking a break from the oil & gas industry I am currently a full time student with plans to start at LSU Health Sciences next fall for the Nursing program.

Years of trying to satisfy the insatiable appetite of my now ex-wife drove me into bankruptcy and a total loss of everything that I thought I was working for.  As times got tough she picked up and left and I did what I thought my save a relationship but only served to sacrifice my rights as a father to keep my kids in this state with me.  I eventually found a great position with some old school friends and I had a lot of fun selling lightning protection to the oil & gas industry but ultimately I just did not feel fulfilled.  I had joined the National Guard to secure some health care benefits for my children and in 2012 the time came to pay the debt for that health care.  I trained as a medic and took a trip to Afghanistan to support our nation's war on terror.  I got some exposure to both the good and the bad of healthcare and trauma and I found an opportunity to get back on track.

Now with 12 years active duty served in our armed forces I have an opportunity to earn a nursing degree and an active commission as a nurse in the military.  I'll be able to retire from the military and still get a great post service career.  You will not find much of the oil & gas industry here anymore.  I may some day return to the industry as a plant or offshore medical provider but until then this is the sight that I will begin the chronological account of events leading up to this moment.

Today my children live in California with their mother.
I am remarried to the most amazing woman I have ever known.
My future is professionally very bright.

AND

I pray for the day that my children come to live with me in Louisiana.

4 years ago today their mother, having spent the entire month of November in CA, contacted an outpatient women's clinic to have a procedure performed.  She had told me at the beginning of October 2009 that she wanted a divorce; she was moving to CA and if I did not let the kids go with her she would never see them again.  I should have seen the wisdom in allowing them to have a life without her instead of trying to make sure she was a part of their life.  That's my opinion.  Perhaps in time you'll agree; perhaps not.  I don't care what you think though; this blog, story and life is mine.  I'm living it and the only thing you are reading is the manifestation of my best attempt at coping with missing the only good that ever came from my relationship with a woman to whom I was married for over 10 years.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment