Thursday, August 7, 2014

I am finally starting Nursing School - Never thought I would go to LSU

Well, to recap from last week the kids flew back to be with their mom for the school year this past Saturday

My youngest cried in my arms inconsolably as she waited to board the plane and even cried as she walked down the jet way.  I expected things to be a little better when we talked after landing but it was not to be.  She sounded happy at first but started crying after a few minutes.  Her mom could be heard in the background saying, "You have to stop this it's JUST daddy."  I did get a chance to speak with her a couple days later and she seems to have adjusted to being back there.  We are looking forward to Thanksgiving and possibly a hunting trip.

Monday morning began bright and early with our introduction to some of the faculty members of the Health Sciences Center.  We learned of the finer points of our next 3 years and received a significant instillation of fear for the upcoming academic challenges.  Anatomy, according to the upper class students, will be the most fun/interesting.  I am personally very excited about the cadaver lab.  Physiology, according to all who care to share, will be the most demoralizing inhumane treatment I have ever had.  I'm not sure if they are aware of the recent years I spent fighting with the mother of my children.  I certainly hope that was worse than Phys will be.  Intro to Nursing and Abnormal Psych might prove to be hidden gems in the education career. We'll see.  Tuesday was a tour with the upper class students and registration for classes.  I am more excited after the tour.  Wednesday we completed our application with the Louisiana State Board of Nursing and we're off to the races.  Purchasing electronic gadgets for classroom interaction and new software for writing in APA format.  One more day of orientation scheduled for Tuesday and the first day of class n Wednesday.  Tomorrow I start the day early with a trip to my Unit for the weekend on the rifle range proving that I can still hit the broad side of a barn.

See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment